San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: I owned property and had tickets in my real name. I was set up for another crime and they arrested me under my stage nam

I was a property owner in a small County in Texas everyone knew me under my real name. After turning in a cop for sexually molesting me they raided my house and arrested me free charges under my stage name. Even with me fighting it they would not put my real name. They sent me to prison with no record under the wrong name then the prison changed my name. I was lost in the system for 6 months my family could not find me. I was paroled before I even hit prison because all I went to prison for it was bail jumping all charges have been dropped. But my family didn't know where I was how does this happen

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen A. Nicholas
Stephen A. Nicholas
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I think you need to explore your situation with a lawyer that practices civil rights law. The criminal aspect of what happened is apparently concluded & I'm assuming you had a lawyer representing you to whom you posed these questions. Your overall question is somewhat confusing because you say they changed your name in prison, you were lost for 6 months, it would seem b/c of this, but then you say you were paroled before you ever got to prison. Are you on parole now, with all other charges dropped, or what is exactly your present situation? The situation you describe makes me think lawyer's & judge's committed misconduct, if you were actually innocent, and a writ of habeas corpus if you are on parole, but I don't have enough facts about the situation to further comment. There's a lot you're not mentioning, and you shouldn't on a public forum. But these other things would have to be known & explored to give a more informed answer. Best of Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.