Houston, TX asked in Family Law, Child Support and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: Is it hard to prove that you child’s father has a business (second income) if he don’t file taxes for that business?

He have business cards and a Quickbook account he gives customers receipt from. I have a copy of the business receipt that was given to a customer for him replacing his AC unit.

1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Any credible evidence can be used to prove income. It's important, however, to make sure that the evidence you have is admissible under the Louisiana Rules of Evidence. You should consult with an attorney familiar with custody and child support cases to make sure you have what you need.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.