Osceola, WI asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Wisconsin

Q: Pregnant help

My 16 old

Son at this time and his 17 yr old gf pregnant when baby born she will be 18 he will be 17 lives in two differ

States him wisconsin her Minnesota if she places the baby for adoption does he have right to keep him or are his rights nothing

1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: This would be subject to the law of Minnesota if the child reisdes in that state once born. To place the child for adoption, the Court would need to terminate the parental rights of both parents. The biological father should file a paternity action once the child is born and request that he have placement of the child if the mother does not want the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.