Birmingham, AL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Alabama

Q: What can I do if I am pro se and the opposing party has an attorney but has not responded to by Consolidated discovery?

Personally dropped off my answers/responses to their consolidated discovery along with my request. They are trying to hold me in contempt for visitation but will not show me any evidence they have.

I am aware they received everything because of comments made from other side but still have not received any type of documents with answers for request to admissions and production along with interrogatories.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: If you properly filed the discovery, and also filed the notice of discovery with the Court, then you should write them a letter and ask that they answer. If they don't respond within 10 days -- and you have both provided discovery and filed a notice of discovery -- you should file a motion to compel. The, if they still don't respond, you should file a motion for sanctions. You might consider hiring a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.