Acworth, GA asked in Car Accidents for Georgia

Q: someone break-checked me (no damage to either vehicle) but he's now filed a claim with insurance how to handle this?

Walked away from the incident and the guy said everything was fine, nothing to report both drove off.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If there was no apparent damage to the vehicles, it would probably not result in a significant PD claim. But if the person claims injury, that would be something your insurance carrier would need to defend you against. Your insurance company would have opened a claim file after he placed them on notice of the accident. Your insurance company may want to contact you for a statement. They should be advising you on what to expect, depending on what the other driver is claiming in terms of damages/injuries. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.