Saginaw, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: I was in Family court trial 10/20/22 I just found out after I lost my case my lawyer die 10/22/2022, what should I do.

The case was about me defending my parental rights for my daughter.

Trial Started 10/20/22 it continue until 11/2/22 on 11/28/22 I got the verdict that I lost my parental rights. In this time they replace him with a criminal lawyer

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Not sure what your question is, but you have a right to an appeal, and hopefully you have submitted that paperwork to the court already. They will then appoint you a different attorney to see what the issues are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.