Creedmoor, NC asked in Workers' Compensation for North Carolina

Q: Can a workers compensation company be sued if the company continually withhold treatment and equipment referrals/orders.

My doctors have written numerous treatment and equipment referrals/orders that they feel will either help improve or at least help sustain my current health status due to my work injury. However, workers compensation continually acts as those requests do not exist. They have not denied or approved, but rather let them linger. While in the meantime, my circumstance has worsened and is worsening. My doctors write follow up request for workers compensation to please approve so that I may receive the help I need, but no response. Therefore, can workers compensation be sued for withholding treatment that can benefit me and assist with my quality of life? If so, how would I locate an attorney for this issue? Thank you for any and all assistance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Gantt
David Gantt
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Asheville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: While you have a lawyer representing you, I suggest making an appointment with him and sharing your concerns and frustration over your situation. I have found that most good attorneys will respond positively and directly to client concerns like those posted on Justia website. I believe directly responding to your question while you are represented would be an ethical violation under NC Rules of Ethics.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.