West Valley City, UT asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Personal Injury for Idaho

Q: I have an unusual case involving geico car insurance company. Would like to sue geico for damages.

May be too long ago but here it is. 3 yrs ago someone filed a traffic accident report stating I had rear ended them. They had my registration and insurance proof. Anyway my truck or myself was not in the accident nor was I in the same town. My license was suspended Yada yada the people file for an injury claim I was clear with my geico agent that this was fraud and specifically told them do not pay this this is fraud Yada yada. They paid out my insurance premiums went up $1600 a year and I missed out on several very good high paying jobs. $75/hr 40 hrs a week way I figure it I couldn't be insured on a commercial policy lost the job for min.3 yrs which comes out to close to $500k. Loss of wages

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Idaho attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could ask them to investigate through the SIU (Special Investigations Unit). This will require thorough investigation, and three years elapsing doesn't help in terms of gathering evidence. A local attorney should advise on your best options. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.