Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I’ve been charged with terroristic threat but for months my ex and her family have threatens my families life.

I have kept quiet in hopes my manipulative ex would chnage but never did, just got worse and ended up in a dark place feeling used and played by someone I loved. Can they go back and charge her and her family as well for threatning me? I have proof of it happening multiple times. Does this help the odds of my case being dropped?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: No one in this forum can evaluate your case. No one here knows the evidence in the State's possession. Have this discussion with your attorney.

You are going to have to retain one; the DA is not going to dismiss the charges against you just because you walk into court and state: "She did it first!" That's a fact question, and fact questions are fore juries to decide.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.