Marietta, GA asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Florida

Q: My husbands ex adopted out his son for money. She had another man sign birth c. We need help. He is biologically the dad

She used the attorney to adopt child and got “cost of living expenses “ (10k). My husband is the biological father. The ex was in jail when my husband motioned court for paternity and she wrote a letter saying he wasn’t father and that she adopted him out. After that they dismissed his motion. On a mere letter she sent from jail. The dismissal said it did not have “jurisdiction” over the case. She had another man knowingly sign the birth certificate. He called my husband and told him he did it. Since she has exploited my husband in order to sell him pictures of his son. We need help motioning the proper court and jurisdiction. She was on drugs. She left my husband before she gave birth. Then had their son and adopted him out. My husband bought a house and motioned the court for custody. It has been a long journey and we need help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the order of dismissal was based in jurisdiction, chances are that the court is not where the child lived at the time of the adoption petition. Contact an attorney licensed to practice law in that state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.