Winnsboro, LA asked in Family Law and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi

Q: Can I stop my uncle from moving into my grandmother's vacant property if I have power of attorney?

My grandmother has gone to live with one of my uncles in another state, leaving her property here vacant. Another one of my uncles decided he wanted to move into the property and is starting to do so. I have had power of attorney for my grandmother for over a year now and want to know if there is anything I can do stop him from moving into the property.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Depending on what the POA allows you to do, you may be able to file an action against him to prevent the move or an eviction if he has already moved in.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.