Saraland, AL asked in Family Law and Adoption for Alabama

Q: I'm trying to find the petition for withdrawing of adoption

I have gave my cousin my twin daughter because of her son got shot by an officer that same year and she never had a daughter. And I had to get myself together and stable. And she asked about an adoption but I wasn't fully educated on it until now. I thought my me giving her to family I would still be able to see her but I have not. I have already given her legal custody and I feel like that's enough. I want to see my daughter

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hayden Glass Sizemore
Hayden Glass Sizemore
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You would receive notice of an adoption if your parental rights have not been terminated. If you receive notice of an adoption, you can file an answer objecting or not consenting to adoption. If there is not an adoption pending, and she was given legal custody by a court, then you can file a modification or a petition for visitation with the juvenile court. There are some "do it yourself" forms available from the Alabama Administrative Office of Courts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.