Roseville, CA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Elder Law, Wrongful Death and Probate for California

Q: My mother was killed premeditatively by her Temporary Conservator, A California Licensed Private Fiduciary and my sister

This just happened on Thanksgiving Day and I need urgent help. They are Anxiously trying to cremate my mother's body and are awaiting a death certificate from Placer County to proceed, even without a Funeral Service!!!

There are so many red flags in this case, and this all developed from the filing of a conservatorship over my mother's estate and person by my conniving and evil sister, who also happens to be a Registered Nurse. She was capable of getting my mother prescribed Morphine and Lorazepam because my sister placed her on Hospice and then placed her on a DO NOT RECUSITATE LIST!

Most Importantly, she UNDULY INFLUENCED my mother into signing a Fraudulent REVISED Trust on March, 19th 2020!!! Which named her the new "Durable Power of Attorney," instead of me! I was named as the Durable Power of Attorney and the Agent in charge of Healthcare Directives in both of my parents Original Living Trust!!!

I need immediate help in bringing those responsible for her murder!!

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Attorneys do not bring people to justice for murder, unless they are district attorneys. You need to bring your concerns to the police or sheriff's department in the jurisdiction where the suspicious conduct occurred. A proper investigation can be done, if warranted.

In addition, you will want your own probate attorney to advise you on the merits of challenging the new Durable Power of Attorney, and any other documents.

John Karas agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.