Los Angeles, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: My workman’s comp examiner is requesting a doctors notice stating how much time I will be out out in order to approve

An extension to continue payments. The QME ordered further treatment and recommended I see a pain management Dr which I’m not scheduled to see until Feb 22. The doctors notice is due by December 22. If not received I will lose my benefits and my job. What can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Alan Jackson
Gary Alan Jackson
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Huntington Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: hire an experienced work comp attorney to represent you. it costs nothing out of your pocket and fees are limited to no more than 15% of the settlement amount and generally no fees are taking on your TTD (wage loss payments). if you want to control your case rather than the claims adjuster, hire a workers compensation attorney. right now you are acting as your own attorney and have no idea how to assert your rights and take the control you should. you need to get to a good patient advocate doctor asap to continue your disability benefits, not 2/22/23. there is so much more ways they can cheat you, you have no idea about. so your choice is hire an attorney to secure your rights or lose them. after 30 years of work comp practice, this is my opinion.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.