Chicago, IL asked in Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Illinois

Q: There was a bad leak that caused mold nothing was done for 3 years now my rent is raised and my family is sick all the

Landlord wouldn't do any repairs for years and there was a leak and mold every where my son is always sick and now that she fixed it she raised the rent from 925 to 1200 what can I do I do not want to sign a new lease

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Illinois attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your family's ordeal. For the personal injury aspects of your question, reach out to local attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. Unfortunately, not all injury law firms handle mold cases because they can be difficult and less clear-cut than cases where the physical injuries are more tangible. In terms of the lease issues, reach out to a landlord-tenant attorney or repost under the Landlord-Tenant category. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.