Mays Landing, NJ asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Delaware

Q: How do I move back into my house after legally being removed from it. I own the home.

Hello i just finished a pfa order that was in effect for 2yrs and have been out of my home since. Case was dismissed and my ex who's been living there doesn't want me to come back refuses to pay rent and won't leave voluntarily. We have no verbal or written arrangements for her to be living there. Also we were never married. We have kids.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Suing her for possession ("eviction") is in order if you are the owner. If someone else owns it with you, then you may file suit for a Sale For Partition. Your lawyer should have already had you ready to do this when the opportunity arose. She will be going after you for child support, probably right after she gets served.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.