Studio City, CA asked in Civil Litigation for California

Q: I received a phone message from an alleged process server citing case no BA-1029. I returned call but lawyer wouldn't

Provide any detailed info about alleged 5000 debt. He disconnected me. How do I determine info about this suit if it has really been filed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Stoddard
Adam Stoddard
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: BA-1029 does not sound like any case number I have ever seen at any of the Superior Courts or Federal Courts in the Bay Area. Not sure what else you could other than simply perform a name search on the local courts around you to see if your name is associated with any cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.