Beggs, OK asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My spouse filed for divorce without my knowledge. We were separated for 3 months and he died before the divorce court

Date. His family stole half the estate. I am not listed on his will. State of Oklahoma, married 9.5 years. Have a probate lawyer. What are my rights?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If you have a probate lawyer then you need to work with that attorney and allow them to do their job as a prudent attorney. If you feel they are not representing you well then you need to either discuss that with them or contact a new attorney to take over the probate. Probates are very fact driven and this cannot be evaluated without Al the documentation.

Gary Johnston Dean agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.