Boise, ID asked in Real Estate Law, Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Idaho

Q: Prior to a new land owner taking over my trailer park we had a direct connection to the water line. The land lord had a

a water meter installed a few months after they took over. The installer took my heat tape off the water pipe. Last week the installed assembly froze, now the land lord want's me to pay for the repair. The installer did not do quality work as relaiyed to me by the repairing plummer.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: The Idaho law on landlord/lessor law is that the lessor must provide you with water, power and heat. If the new owner wants to do away with the internet due to whatever reason, that's his prerogative. You should speak to the new park manager and document the damage to the assembly and ask what he would like to do. If he cuts your rent if you fix it, fix it right. If he says nothing and demands that you do it, do it and then bill him and take it off your own rent.

Good luck to you!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.