Philadelphia, PA asked in Real Estate Law, Business Formation and Landlord - Tenant for Pennsylvania

Q: LLC formed in NJ owns rented condo. LLC address was my home address which i sold and moved to PA.

i am trying to figure out what to do with the LLC. i need to changed the LLC's address as it was my sold home in NJ. do i need to file as a foreign PA LLC, create a new LLC in PA? do i need to close the NJ LLC? i am trying understand the best way to 'move' my LLC to PA. what should be my next steps?

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Cherewka
Michael Cherewka
  • Wormleysburg, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Do not have all the facts here, but it looks like you have several options. The easiest would be to get a Registered Office or Registered Agent in NJ for your LLC. The property is located in NJ, and you have a NJ LLC so that lines up fine. Just because you (as the Member or Owner) moved to PA does not mean that the LLC should also move.

You will want to discuss with your tax advisor to see if any reason to make a change

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.