Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Can a divorce decree be enforced if the spouse hasn't adhered to the final decree if said spouse passes away

34yrs married, mental harassment to go get divorce, during the year and a half of going thru this, on top of kids and I doing repairs,painting, etc. to home to be put up for sale, and the deaths of my brother, my ids Sad and finally my Son. He has sold of assets, moved money around and other things...that I never thought he would do. So needless to say he took from me monetary security and won't do what court says. I'm not the kind of person to seek revenge but I'm struggling to live without small comforts, in a RV cuz he...? Took advantage with our home. I don't have money to get lawyer to get motion to enforce and I really just wanted him to keep his word. Don't want to cause him grief because of all the health issues he's going thru and the outlook is not good. This according to my daughter. So should I try before something happens to him? He'll just get angry again and scream and make me feel worthless. Any help would be so Great.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Rhonda, you really need a lawyer to help you with this! Many will let you pay the retainer in installments. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.