Phoenix, AZ asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for Arizona

Q: Legally what can be done if you have a domestic stalker?

I currently live with someone, a relative, who aggravatingly been stalking, harassing, and criminally has accessed my wireless devices, with the intent to cause emotional distress (for quite some time now). I know a restraining order is one thing, but I would like to see this individual legally prosecuted for the crimes. I know cyber crimes are a very slow process, but since I know who the perpetrator is; would this heightened my chances for a potential conviction, with all of the evidence present.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If you want them prosecuted, you need to make a police report.

You should also get a restraining order. Harassing and stalking can be difficult crimes on which to get a conviction, but someone violates a restraining order, that's much easier.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.