Asked in Elder Law, Estate Planning and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My 83 year old father is being scammed and he’s sending money to who he thinks is a 20 year old that’s wanting to marry

him. He has sold his home and last payment for it will be in June. He is not listening to family and he’s opened up a 3rd bank account. I have POA on his living trust. What should I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Reece B. Morrel Jr
Reece B. Morrel Jr
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: To better answer your question, I need to read his POA and the Living Trust. However, the problem with both documents is that they are REVOCABLE by him. As a result, you may need to begin guardianship proceedings in the County where he lives. A judge can only remove a court-appointed guardian.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.