San Mateo, CA asked in Real Estate Law for California

Q: I am contacting you on behalf of concerned homeowners of the HOA located in Foster City, CA.

Recently we've been informed about unexpected emergency assessment of $9K per unit (total 364 units). The decision has been made by BOD without any prior discussions, notifications, etc. When we asked BOD to show any objective evidence (inspections reports) that requires emergency status for the issues that require repairs/replacement, our request was ignored. At this point we want to call the emergency meeting to Remove the President due to lack of management in many directions. Please advice how proceed with this action Fast and effectively.

Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua D. Brysk
Joshua D. Brysk pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Pleasanton, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The procedures for elections and removal of officers will be governed by your CC&Rs. An attorney can help you understand the procedures and guide you through the process including help with implementation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.