Portland, OR asked in Landlord - Tenant for Oregon

Q: Went to eviction court judgment was made for the plaintiff because third party was going to pay the rent I had letter?

I had a letter from domestic violence help from tied to change they're going to help pay the back pay the rent of $1600 to the landlord was aware of that because I told him several times before court before you even serve me papers that my domestic violence Grant people would help with my advocacy to pay the back pay the rent because it was his tenant that assaulted me and went to jail I got court ordered to move the judge when I can stay I tried paid rent to his tenant several times but his tenant did not pay him so then there was too much rent owed and I so I can pay it with my tides of change she's my advocate there who was going to pay the 1600 she tried to reach him several times he never answered he was given several text messages saying that they were going to pay him but they want to lease for me and I have all rights to ask for a bifur actual lease due to the fact that his tenant assaults me can't come back home he you say would give me a lease but he gave 72hr notice now cort

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It is all in the timing. If you did not pay the rent owed in full by the end of the 72 hrs. specified in the notice, your landlord can evict. Period. He is not required to wait for some third party to pay the rent, whenever they get around to it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.