Weatherford, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: My ex filed for divorce and supposedly I was served by email and I never received!! Now it’s final? Less than 90 days?

He stated he didn’t know how to contact me but that was not true! He just chose to block me because I wouldn’t sign blank documents. I am disabled now homeless, no vehicle, nothing left he has thrown away my personal property!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Depending upon the particular facts of your case, you should file either a motion for new trial, notice of appeal, notice of restricted appeal, or bill of review. You should consult a lawyer right away who practices in the area of appellate law. Ask for them to describe their experience with restricted appeals and bills of review. These are less common types of proceedings with very specific requirements that should not be attempted by novices or amateurs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.