Houston, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: Is it possible to get an uncontested divorce from someone who was possibly deported. He never became a citizen.

I have been living without him for 3.5 years. No contact at all from him. Can I do this on my own. We have to property nor children.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes, you can get an uncontested divorce. If you can’t find your husband, you will have to pay for an attorney ad litem to act on his behalf.

Can you do this on your own? Yes, the law allows you to represent yourself. The law also allows you to rebuild your car engine on your own. The question is do you have the knowledge and skill to do an acceptable job on your own behalf. If not, you should hire someone who has such knowledge and skill.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.