Q: What can I do if the judge and refused to let my husband show innocence and refused to let him speak at all in court

My husband was charged with a crime and the judge and prosecutor refused to let him show any proof of innocence at all and never once let him speak in court?? He got sentenced to 5 years and he has all the proof including a polygraph test given to him by a private investigator and 11 witness statements (2 from police officers) all saying the same thing that he did not do the crime yet the judge and prosecutor and even his own attorney would not let him present anything in court or even speak in court... He needs Justice before he loses years of his life for something that he did not do. He was maxed out on his first ever charge and I really need help please? People in Madison county are too greedy and crooked and they don't care enough to not ruin people's lives. His own attorney refused to file an appeal within the proper time frame then dropped him as a client as well. We really need some help please

1 Lawyer Answer
James A Hanson
James A Hanson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Unfortunately, at this point there is a judgment of conviction and the time to appeal has passed.

There is clearly a lot to this situation that you did not and should not share on this public forum. You need to discuss the possibility of Post-Conviction Relief with a new attorney to see if the rest of the context supports a request for a new trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.