Oviedo, FL asked in Tax Law and Business Law for Florida

Q: Is it safe to give Stripe your Social security Number? Do I have to Pay taxes if I make no revenue?

Is it safe to give Stripe your Social security Number? In order for me to create an account with Stripe, I need to give it the last four digits of my ssn.

Back story I'm a minor wanting to start a business in Florida where you pick up dog poop from peoples' yards. I created a website in wordpress and now the last step is to add a payment gateway which is going to be stripe.

I'm also not going to register my business until I start making some money.

Quick question if my business make no revenue do I have to pay taxes? What's the minimum amount I have to pay taxes on.

If I end up having to pay taxes would I be able to transfer stripe ownership over to my parents so they are the ones that have to pay the taxes. I very much appreciate if someone could answer these questions!


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Florida doesn't have income taxes. The U.S. government does. I suggest you go to irs.gov, download a form 1040, and the instructions for that form. After reviewing those documents, you should have a better idea of how income tax works.

And no, if you make no money at all, you don't pay income tax.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.