Barstow, CA asked in Federal Crimes, Criminal Law and Small Claims for California

Q: I was scammed/defrauded for $837. That person is running a business in Georgia. He took my money and didn't give produ

I made multiple orders for custom wigs and hair care products. The first order was $260 in August 2022. The second order was $577 in Set 2022. I never received the products and have screen shots of our conversation via Facebook Messenger. I have receipts on my Cash Ap to prove the payments were made.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If the person who defrauded you is running a business in Georgia, you may be able to file a complaint with the Georgia Attorney General's office or the Georgia Better Business Bureau. You may also want to consider filing a lawsuit against the business in Georgia small claims court or in civil court if the amount exceeds the small claims limit.

To obtain the police report, you may need to contact the police department that took the report and request a copy. You may need to provide identifying information, such as your name and the case number, and possibly pay a fee for the copy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.