Hampton, VA asked in Car Accidents for Virginia

Q: My daughter got into an accident with my car and the police report proved the other driver that hit my car was at fault.

What would be the next steps. Their insurance company says they are still investigating and the police report does not prove anything. What should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. I hope your daughter and others involved in the accident are okay. In terms of your question of what to do, if your daughter is contemplating a claim for injuries, she could try to arrange a free initial consultation with a Virigina accident attorney. If she's just waiting to see what happens from the other side, you should stay in touch with your insurance carrier. Normally, they would defend any claims from the other vehicle. Keep a lookout for correspondence from your carrier if they want to obtain a statement from your daughter or have other requests. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.