Wellington, FL asked in Wrongful Death, Elder Law and Medical Malpractice for Florida

Q: how can i help my lawyer get health records from a small living facility that wont give up my deceased fathers records.

it has been a year now. my father was only in her facility for one month. lawyer says they can not subpoena the owner because we are not in litigation. What can i do to help my lawyer retrieve the records.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I hope you get a useful answer on this forum, but if don't, the type of lawyer you need to look for to obtain another opinion depends on the reason you wish to obtain the records. If you suspect medical malpractice, contact a lawyer specializing in that area. If you want the records for some other reason, contact a lawyer specializing in elder law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.