Gainesville, VA asked in Divorce for Virginia

Q: Hi For the past year I have been bullied and harassed by my wife to agree to her divorce and now i am under duress

My wife filed a false protection order then false claims I broke the protection order and I have text messages from her to our kids that if i sign her papers she will remove everything. I just recieved papers from her lawyer to sign but I do not agree however my wife holds control over me through her false legal actions. I am Pro se, have no money for a lawyer, she already transferred it all out to her private accout.



Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: I recommend you not sign or agree to anything until you have retained your own lawyer to advise you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.