Henderson, KY asked in Animal / Dog Law for Kentucky

Q: If someone took my dog to foster until July 1st but had them chipped but now changed their mind. Can they keep him?

She offered to foster him until July 1st so I could get on my feet and now changed her mind and don’t want to give him back. She had him chipped for protection of losing him and agreed to transfer it over to me by that date. Now, she’s attached and says she can’t give him back to me. I have several text message of her promising before July 1 he would be returned to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. She cannot keep the dog. Hire a lawyer and sue her for theft, conversion and fraud.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.