Charleston, SC asked in Education Law for South Carolina

Q: I go to Charleston southern and I went for the fall term and now I owe 45 grand

During the fall semester I was ment to right and give them 3 letters for a dependency over rude form it took me maybe 2 weeks to get them to them after I kept calling constantly and was getting told the same thing there still processing we don’t need anything else because of this situation I could not get my scholarship and when I came back for spring and asked them in person they told me one of my letters where wrong I had to fix it and to stay in school had to pay a big chunk of my debt or they said they would kick me out and I’m leaving this Saturday (01/28) and now there saying I will have to pay for spring since I missed a deadline I was never told about and while I was trying to fix my fall stuff they never told me that if I kept trying to fix it I would also get stuck and charged with spring there’s more to it but I only have so many character and need to know what I should do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. One option is to consult with a local attorney to discuss in detail. It's going to be difficult for any attorney here to offer meaningful guidance based on a brief description. If an attorney shows interest in handling the matter, they will likely want to investigate more thoroughly and look at the paperwork and the school's written policies. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.