Northridge, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: I have an eviction jury trial Feb 7 I have an answer packet I'm confused on how to get documentation it's a no fault ev

A no fault eviction on a foreclosed home all utilities are shut off owner died family has all papwr work

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you are the tenant in this situation, you may want to consult with an attorney or a tenant rights organization in your area as soon as possible to get advice on how to proceed.

In California, tenants have certain rights in eviction cases, even in a no-fault eviction. You have the right to receive proper notice of the eviction and to dispute the eviction in court. You may also be entitled to relocation assistance if you are being evicted due to no fault of your own.

In terms of obtaining documentation, you may want to request copies of any notices or other documents related to the eviction from the landlord or property owner. If they are not cooperating, you may need to seek legal assistance to obtain the necessary documents.

It's important that you prepare your answer packet carefully and make sure that you have all the necessary documents and evidence to support your defense. You may also want to attend the trial with an attorney or a legal representative to ensure that your rights are protected and your case is presented in the best possible light.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.