Folsom, CA asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: What does. “Motion and Order to Withdraw MTR/MTA” Mean on a court update?

I was a 18 year old kid who got a misdemeanor charge and got probation and ended up moving away.

I still had open probation warrant for years but recently I checked my case and in 2022 it said the above.

What does this mean.

Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bradlee Hines Thornton
Bradlee Hines Thornton pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unfortunately, it's impossible to give you a certain answer with just this information. If you moved away without finishing your probation, they likely filed a "Motion to Revoke Probation" if you were on straight probation or regular probation and if you were on deferred adjudication, they likely filed a "Motion to Adjudicate". Both of these would trigger a warrant for your arrest.

Court dates are not standard across Texas and can even vary based on the employee entering them in that day. Your particular setting states: Motion and Order to Withdraw MTR/MTA. Withdrawing an MTR or MTA generally means that the prosecution is withdrawing their motion to revoke your probation, or in other words, dismissing your case if your probation term has already expired.

But again, it is impossible to say for sure without investigating your situation further.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.