Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Yes my son got misdemeanor marijuana charge in Wayne county Tennessee he was put on probation at his last report day he

Could not urinate being wrote up as failed drug screen ,now there is warrant for his arrest probation violation we live in Mississippi ,probation officer said he needs to turn self in then go in front of judge ,that the judge normally sentences to 40 days in jail,I know laws are different there but it is misdemeanor if they lock him for 40 days he will lose job ,home ,etc he is single father to 4 year old & has 1 year old ,if he pays his fines off I don't see why should have do 40 days ,so hesitant to drive 2.5 hrs to turn self in if going be locked up ,don't know which way to turn begging for guidance at this point please

1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Franklin, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: He needs to hire an attorney immediately to handle this case for him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.