Douglas, GA asked in Consumer Law and Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: individual to do appraisal of valuable photos refuses to return photos. What do I do?

My mom was looking to sell photos that were taken by her mom of famous people, i.e. JFK , Astronauts john Glenn Shepard and their are many. She was to review and appraisal first and then we would go from their as to how much they are worth. She owned a Junk/Antiques and local pawn shop, The photos were in her possesion for over a month. I kept asking her about them and she continued to give excuses. I mentioned my mom wants the photos back this was 12/21 , her personal life with boyfriend , they worked store together, became toxic and messy split. After he was banned from the business I asked her about the photos again. She was gong to gve them to me but excuses. i worked and never recieved payment because of her personal life caused business to decline. I never was paid and asked many times for pictures. I am at the same place over a year later and she avoids my mom and I , but has sent pictires of phots via text and written in text .she has no problem giving them back anytime .???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If someone refuses to return your property to you, then they are committing a theft. You can call the police. You could also hire an attorney to "politely" ask the person to return the property.

For more information, visit my website at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.