Asked in Collections

Q: My ex-spouse (with a prenup) was repaying a loan to me, now he refuses saying we were married at the time of loan.

Sum is too large for small claims court. Is he required to repay loan after he already began paying then stopped although he borrowed during our marriage, but began repaying after separation/divorce ? I have texts (after separation/divorce) of him saying how much he owes, how much he will repay per month, receipts from CashApp of him paying back $2000 of the loan. How do I get him to pay the remaining balance?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: The first issue is how was this item, or the category of this type of item, handle in the MSA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.