San Diego, CA asked in Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Surgical procedure to plantar fascia was done incorrectly, doctor neglected, and ignored complaints and then walkd away.

Doctor performed plantar fascia release and heel spur removal, after 1yr of remaining in walking boot, and complaining of new pain, he gave up on me. I had to find another doctor and was told by new doctor that the other doctor cut too low from area of the chief complaint is and into the area that's not recommended surrounding the nerves, and was left in the boot too long, my arch collapsed causing additional pain. Another plantar fascia release was performed by new doctor who told me, the area of the plantar was still in tact and had not been cut by the 1st doctor. Still to no avail, I now have to receive a spinal nerve block injection, bottom heel has a gap sunken/caved in caused by all the dissection the 1st doctor did , have become flat footed, and still unable to walk. reconstructive foot surgery was also mentioned to rebuild my arch.. All caused by the 1st doctor who failed to listen and ignore my complaints and performed surgery to an area on my foot that made things worse.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes you have a potential medical malpractice case. Consult with experienced attorneys. You can search for attorneys in this website,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.