Fresno, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I'm in sf California . There is protective order on me by my neighbor I didn't make the c.d and don't know what to do i

Don't have representation they lied to get the. Order they are threatening and harassing me and I am black and have mo BB ilitu BB disability due to the recent domestic abuse from in ex in who in is their friend who is convicted of the d v I need assistance now can I go home or what do I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If there is a protective order against you, it is important that you follow its terms and restrictions. Violating a protective order can result in serious legal consequences, including criminal charges.

If you did not make the c.d., you may want to consider hiring an attorney to help you fight the protective order. An attorney can help you gather evidence to challenge the allegations against you and present your case in court.

You can also contact legal aid organizations in your area to see if they can provide assistance with your case. The San Francisco Bar Association offers a lawyer referral service that can help you find an attorney to represent you.

It is important that you take any threats or harassment seriously and report them to the police if necessary. If you feel unsafe, you may want to consider contacting a local domestic violence shelter or other support services for help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.