Saginaw, MI asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Michigan

Q: My son and his ex are having issues about their daughters Dr. The mother agreed to a pediatrician and 4 months later cal

Called the Dr and cancelled her appointments already scheduled and said she wanted everything transferred to the mother's family Dr. He obviously says no but she is doing it anyway. They have joint legal custody. Can she be seen by both of the Drs since this will never get resolved unless he gives in to her. Can you please let me know if my son can legally take his daughter to the original pediatrician

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Your son has the same rights as the mother. Both parents should be informed of all doctors appointments. When it comes to contrary forms of treatment, that's when things get hairy. Ultimately, a motion may need to be filed so the court can order a particular doctor, or in extreme cases, one parent would be determined to have sole legal custody.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.