Kalamazoo, MI asked in Health Care Law for Michigan

Q: Can I be trespassed from Bronson Methodist hospital legally. I found a bottle of profolol and mom was conscious but...

After finding a bottle of profolol and taking a pic I asked my mom's nurse if she was being given this med, she first said no, then after I asked why is this bottle in her room, the nurse said well yes she had been given the medicine. My mom was conscious but unable to talk, which is why this concerned me so much. I also know my mom's line was kinked for one of her I v fluids and after having a traumatic experience at ascension Borgess recently I'm taking no chances. The nurse snatched the profolol bottle, and she thought she was coming in to cover up the linked line and I believe profolol was also in her sodium hydrochloride, next thing I know some muscle head security thought he was going to intimidate me into leaving and they said they had called the cops, I don't think they did, so I did, the cops show up and of course they listen to security over me. Trespass me and now mom still there I been asking for her to be moved, they are ignoring me now.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: It sounds as if they are concerned you were on to something. Them being aggressive to you may improve your case. Consult with experienced medical malpractice attorneys right away.

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You absolutely may be trespassed from the hospital. If you have care concerns, those perhaps should be addressed as Mr. Selik suggests, or you may need to get other doctors involved to facilitate movement to a different facility.

You will always lose the battle between you and hospital security. A hospital can ask anyone to leave the premises.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.