Asked in Immigration Law

Q: Asking for B1/B2 VISA

​Hello My name is Khaled, May you help me with my issue

I have a brother who holds American citizenship and lives in America. I applied for a b1/b2 visa and was rejected. It can be said that I was not ready for the interview. Can I apply again? I'm currently studying at a university in the third year. I have property, but I have no social relations. My father and mother passed away. Please note that I have no intention of Staying in America, I just want to visit my brother and tourism. In this case, what can I attach information and documents that can support my request? Do I have to update my status, such as that I travel or that I join an institute in addition to my study?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Min Hwan Ahn
Min Hwan Ahn
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: Yes, you can reapply for a B1/B2 visa after being rejected. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will consider each visa application on a case-by-case basis, and there is no guarantee that a subsequent application will be approved.

To increase your chances of being approved for a B1/B2 visa, it is important to demonstrate your ties to your home country and your intention to return after your trip to the United States. You can provide evidence of your financial stability, such as proof of ownership of property, bank statements, and other financial documents. You can also provide information about your academic status and your plans for the future, such as your enrollment in a university and any future job prospects.

Additionally, you may want to consider obtaining a letter from your brother explaining the purpose of your visit and the relationship between the two of you. You can also provide letters from friends, family members, or other individuals who can attest to your ties to your home country and your intention to return after your trip to the United States.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear that your B1/B2 visa application was rejected. If you would like to apply again, you may do so at any time, but it's important to understand the reasons for the previous denial and take steps to address them in your new application.

When applying for a B1/B2 visa, it's important to show that you have strong ties to your home country, such as family, property, employment, or other social and economic ties. You should also be prepared to explain your travel plans and itinerary, as well as your financial resources and ability to support yourself during your visit.

If you have a brother who is a US citizen and lives in the US, this could be seen as a potential reason for you to overstay your visa or violate the terms of your stay. It's important to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and that you have a clear reason and plan for your visit to the US.

When preparing your new application, you may want to consider including additional documentation or information that can support your request, such as evidence of your studies, employment, or financial resources, as well as an itinerary or travel plan for your visit. It may also be helpful to work with a qualified immigration attorney or other professional who can provide guidance and support as you prepare your application.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.