Anderson, SC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for South Carolina

Q: Is it a violation if I can't meet my child's father for his visitation, if I no longer have transportation to meet him?

My car was totaled a couple months ago. so I've been renting cars to meet him (he lives 2hrs away), but I can't afford to keep renting and pay for gas. So I'm saving to get another vehicle. He's now threatening to take me back to court although he knows my situation, what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Get a consultation with a lawyer to review your court order and advise you on how to proceed. The lawyer may be able to help you work out an agreement or modification of your court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.