Asked in Family Law and Probate for Puerto Rico

Q: I just found out my biological grandfather is died but I never meet him. My uncle told me he left property behind.

I have my mothers birth certificate that has his name but that’s all how can I find any information on him

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn

A: I am sorry that you did not get to meet your grandfather.

Note -- you have posted this question to paTents not paRents. They look the same but patents is a field where attorneys help inventors protect their inventions.

You need to seek an attorney that works with PROBATE in the place where your grandfather last lived. Probate attorneys are skilled at finding addresses and information for lost relatives.

I hope that this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.