Louisville, KY asked in Adoption, Family Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Kentucky

Q: Can I sue my local family courts?

In 2017 my kids were stripped from me and my husband for a drug charge. I had done everything I was able to and all the courts wanted was for me to leave my husband who was having trouble getting clean screens - he was also on a medication that can give false THC positives. He wasn't smoking and the weekly results were NOT what you'd have expected one week dirty 2 clean then 2 dirty them one clean for ex. We kept requesting a hair test via the CPS worker and was told each time the judge had denied it. Eventually after 2 yrs of being put through the ringer the judge requested a hair test on him. We also had a urine test the same day as the hair test. Hair test and Urine were sent to different labs in different states. The urine came back positive and the 3 month hair came back negative. Judge took the urine test over the hair. Now our kids have been adopted by my dad and stepmom because the courts wouldnt accept the hair test. Is there anything we can do to try and fix this now?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. They have immunity.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.