New York, NY asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey

Q: How can i make a settlement with plaintiff 's lawyer , when they never response about settlement. (Foreclosure case)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Short Hills, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: We handle divorce, family law and estate planning work - can't give you advice on how to deal with counsel for a mortgage company. My guess is that the law firm on the other side handles 100's if not thousands of foreclosure matters for the mortgage company and as a result, the majority of the work is handled by a paralegal and the lawyer is probably not seeing your email communications. If you have a realistic proposal for resolution of the foreclosure matter, call the lawyers office and let his staff know that you want to talk with him / her about a realistic proposal and schedule a time for you and the lawyer to speak about it. If you simply want them to back off on the foreclosure, I think it is safe to say that they will not do so unless you have specific justification for same permitted by the statute or case law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.