Homestead, FL asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Florida

Q: My daughter is a minor working at dunkin donuts and is being treat unfairly and harras, what can she do?

My daughter is being harras by 2 employees, from being bullied because of her race, given a task that such employees don't want to do, and getting yelled at in a degrading way being threatened to get fired if she complains. This situation has her anxiety and feels that even if she stands up to them the situation will continue and they will retaliate.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If your daughter is being harassed or discriminated against based on her race, she needs to bring this to the attention of human resources and/or her direct supervisor. After the supervisor is on notice, they have a duty to either separate the employees from your daughter, or discharge them. If they do not take one of those steps, then your daughter has a case for hostile work environment. You can discuss this case in more detail with counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.